THIS POST IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN : Nederlands
Book your Khao Sok Tour here
Book your Khao Sok Lake Tour!
If you are looking for an unforgettable experience in Thailand, a day tour or overnight stay in Khao Sok in the floating cottages is definitely a must-do activity. At this page you’ll find all the information you need to plan your trip to Khao Sok and you can book your tour in minutes via the buttons below.
Why visit Khao Sok?
As soon as you arrive at Khao Sok Lake, you are immediately caught by the splendor of nature and an amazing sense of calm. Personally, we’ve spent 5 nights on the lake and can only talk about this area in superlatives. But sometimes you need to hear it from someone else. That’s why we sent Keith & Dev out for Thailand Magazine to share their experiences with you. Watch the video below to see it for yourself!
Khao Sok Lake Group Tour
Get ready for an unforgettable experience! After boarding your longtail boat, you’ll sail past the breathtaking limestone karst formations of Khao Sok Lake/ Cheow Lan Lake. Enjoy a tasty Thai lunch with fresh fish, delicious curries, fresh fruits and vegetables at the floating restaurant/ rafthouse.
Prepare for an impressive hike through the ancient jungle of Khao Sok and take a refreshing dip in the crystal clear water or explore the lake by kayak.
This tour lets you see the highlights of Khao Sok in one day, ideally if you are short on time or don’t want to sleep in a floating house on the lake.
– 8:30 Meet the guide and group at Khao Sok Village
– Transportation to Khao Sok Lake
– Board the longtail boat, enjoy the beautiful scenery of Khao Sok Lake!
– Visit the famous Gullin Rock
– Short visit Diamond Cave (30 min)
– Jungle trekking (total 1 hour)
– Lunch set in floating restaurant / rafthouse
– Time to enjoy the crystal clear waters of Khao Sok,
– Swimming, kayaking or simply enjoy the fantastic scenery at the rafthouse
– Scenic trip back by longtail boat and arrival at the pier
– Transfer back to the office in Khao Sok Village
– You will arrive at the Khao Sok Village office no later than 18:00, but ideally between 17:00 and 17:30.
Price per person: 1500 bath
Khao Sok Lake 2 Days/ 1 Night - Group Tour
Sleep in your own floating bungalow, take an adventurous trek and listen to the beautiful sounds of nature awakening in the early morning. Start the day with a morning safari and a refreshing dip in the glorious waters of Khao Sok Lake. This is an experience to remember!
– 8:40 Meet your guide and the group at Khao Sok Village
– Short stop at local market or temple for fruits and snacks (approx. 15 minutes)
– Board the longtail boat and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Khao Sok Lake
– After a beautiful cruise on the lake arrive at the rafthouse, time to check into your floating bungalow (* modern bungalow with shared bathroom).
– Thai Lunch set menu at the floating restaurant
– Time to enjoy the crystal clear waters of Khao Sok, go swimming, kayaking or simply enjoy the fantastic scenery.
– Depending on the season the guide will lead you through the jungle to a cave, viewpoint or waterfall
– Before dinner, board the longtail boat again for an evening safari across the lake
– At dusk, a Thai dinner set menu will be served at the floating restaurant.
– Fall asleep with jungle sounds in the background
– As the sun emerges from behind the mountains, explore the breathtaking surroundings of Khao Sok Lake by longtail boat.
– Breakfast (set menu) at the floating restaurant.
-10 am check out floating bungalow
– Scenic trip back by longtail boat and arrival at the pier
– Arrival at the pier approx. 11 am
– Lunch at the pier or local Thai restaurant
– 12:00 – 12:30 back at starting pont in Khao Sok Village
Price per person: 2,500 baht
Types of floating houses
Standard/ modern bungalow - 2 persons
If you join the group tour, you will be assigned a standard modern floating bungalow. This is a private bungalow with a fan/ and shared bathroom.
Family room - 3 to 4 people
If you are traveling with a group of 3-4 people, you can request a family room. These are floating bungalows with two double beds, a shared bathroom and a fan. Based on availability. p.s. this is the same room where Keith & Dev slept in the video
Upgrade your room
If you prefer a private bathroom with your own shower and toilet, you can pay an extra 200 baht per person to upgrade your (family) bungalow.(subject to availability). Please note that all bungalows only have a cold shower.
Standard family bungalow
Standard bungalow - 2 pers
Khao Sok Lake 2 D/ 1 N - Private Tour
Looking for a more personalized experience? Then it’s a good idea to book a 2 day / 1 night private tour. With your private longtail boat and guide, you can enjoy the same type of tour and floating cottages as the during group option, but with more attention to your personal interests and requests.
This tour is perfect for a family outing or anyone who wants just a little extra. Your guide will be able to give you more detailed information and answer all your burning questions about Khao Sok Lake and the jungle.
Moreover, with a private trip, you can sometimes choose other locations or opt for a more luxurious floating home, such as a Floating Villa. If you want to spend more time on the lake, you can also extend your stay by 2 nights and 3 days or even longer!
Price per person: 7,600 baht* The price is based on a standard room with shared bathroom at the same location as the group trip. If you wish to stay at another lakeside location or in a more luxurious house, there is an additional cost. Your guide can inform you about availability and different types of floating bungalows.
Ultra luxury floating (honeymoon) villa* (private tour only)
This luxurious and beautiful villa is in a different location than the group tour, At this floating water villa you have maximum privacy because your villa floats separately from the other bungalows .Ideal for your honeymoon or other any other special occasion.
– Big private(!) floating pool in the lake at your own terrace!
– 2 kayaks for private use
– Air conditioning and fan
– Private bathroom with hot and cold shower
– Private jacuzzi outside under the stars on your own patio.
– Breakfast/dinner/dinner, will be served at your own villa by boat if desired.
This super luxury floating villa is special of its kind, besides the unprecedented luxury at a location like this there is only one of its kind on the lake! Make sure you book well in advance because it is often fully booked.
Luxury Floating Vila
During your Khao Sok Lake tour you won’t need much, mostly a small backpack is enough. You can leave your big suitcase or backpack safely in the tour office at Khao Sok Village. This is our packing list for Khao Sok:
Day tour packing list
× Mosquito repellent
× Comfy shoes/sandals that are allowed to get dirty
× Poncho, it’s a rainforest!
× Waterproof bag/ garbage bag that we use as a rain cover for our small bag
Extra for overnight tour
× Medicine/lenses/ glasses
× Set of extra clothes
× Something to sleep in
× Some cash for a snack/ drink at the rafthouse (there is no ATM in the jungle)
× Slippers for the shared bathrooms/ toilets
× Phone, camera and chargers
Good to know!
– You pay directly to the guide at the start of the adventure, no pre-payment is required.
– Tours are given under the guidance of an experienced English-speaking guide.
– Local guide/tour organization with whom we ourselves have had several times very good experience
– Accident insurance is included in the tour price
– Maximum number of people for a group tour is 20
– The prices of the floating cottages are based on an occupancy of 2 persons per room, if you travel alone you pay 500 bath extra
– All transportation mentioned in the tour description is included in the price
– Park entrance fee is 200 Baht pp. and 20 Bath trash fee p.p. This is not included in the tour price, you pay at Khao Sok Lake.
– Visit Coral Cave (only during overnight tour) cost 200 baht extra p.p.
– The tour price includes all mentioned meals and coffee/tea/water
– Don’t expect phone signal or wifi at the lake, so sit back, relax and enjoy the silence
– In general, electricity is only available for a limited number of hours each day, usually from 6pm to 10pm.